Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Maternal Is Political

Today I received my contributor copies of the anthology The Maternal Is Political: Women Writers at the Intersection of Motherhood and Social Change. What a great looking book! And I am thrilled to have my essay appearing alongside the work of Barbara Kingsolver, Anne Lamott, Anna Quindlen, Nancy Pelosi, and Benazir Bhutto. Way cool. A huge thank you to editor Shari MacDonald Strong for putting together such an amazing anthology--and to my friend Linera Lucas for encouraging me to submit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that IS way cool. What an exciting line-up! Way to go, Mary. =)

Mary Akers said...

Thanks, Michelle! I loved reading Bev's blog and seeing how you met and helped her out. Amazing story. :)

Bob Hoeppner said...

That IS cool. Congratulations!

katrina said...

Wow! That's terrific!!

Patry Francis said...

Congratulations! It sounds wonderful.